The Psalter Map (P. 30)
This map represents the knowledge people had of the world during Medieval times. On this map we see the intersection between geographic knowledge and religion.
- Which parts of this map show religious ideas?
- What geographic information does this map show
- How is this map an example of the important role religion had in the world view of people living at this time?
Abraham Ortelius - Renaissance Map Maker (p. 35)
- How are the knowledge and beliefs reflected in this map different from those of the Psalter Map?
- How are the changes, of challenges to the world view of Medieval Europe reflected in the difference between these two maps?
Compare the world views represented in these two maps by completing this venn diagram.